Learn how to view and manage style overrides.
- [Instructor] In this movie,…I'll talk about overrides or local formatting,…any formatting applied to the text…that is not part of the style definition.…Command spacebar, click and drag to zoom in on this text.…And this piece of text is formatted…with a paragraph style.…In addition, it contains overrides and character styles.…Let's see how we can distinguish…between the overrides and the character styling.…The plus symbol indicates that there are overrides,…and if I hover over the style name,…a tool tip will tell me what those overrides are.…
If there are a lot of them,…it might just say multiple overrides.…Now to be a bit more specific,…I can turn on the style override highlighter.…That's the plus at the top of the paragraph styles panel.…You'll also see one at the top…of the character styles panel.…I don't currently see the highlighting…because I'm in preview view mode.…I'll choose my selection tool and then w…to go to normal view mode,…and we now see highlighted my character overrides…and my paragraph overrides,…
- Creating, applying, and redefining paragraph and character styles
- Using Quick Apply to apply styles
- Using GREP styles to automate text formatting
- Controlling text flow with styles
- Organizing content with paragraph rules and paragraph shading
- Creating, applying, and redefining object styles
- Applying styles with Find/Change
- Mapping Word styles to InDesign styles
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CC 2017 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner6h 43m Beginner
InDesign: Designing Templateswith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 30m Intermediate
Accelerated Design with Comp CC and InDesignwith Tony Harmer1h 37m Intermediate
1. Paragraph and Character Styles Basics
2. Chapter Botched on Import
3. Advanced Text Styles
5. Object Styles
6. Table and Cell Styles
7. Other Uses of Styles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.