Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Maintaining text frame spacing, part of InDesign CC 2015: EPUB Fundamentals.
- Take a look at this page.…It's the title page for a book…and it's constructed of four different text frames.…What's gonna happen when I export this to EPUB?…If you remember the InDesign to EPUB export…does not bring along the empty white space…in between text frames.…To see that for ourselves, we're going…to export this document to EPUB,…but before I do that I want to give you…a little heads-up that there is a second page.…It looks just like the first, but actually…I have solved a problem on Page Two…that we're going to get to in a minute.…So when I export to EPUB I only want…to export Page One, and how do you do that?…How do you export just part of a document?…To reflowable EPUB?…That's right.…
You use the Articles panel.…And in this document in your Exercise Files,…I've already set up the Articles panel…so that everything on Page One…has been dragged over and the same thing…with Page Two, and only Page One is checked…so when I export to EPUB, only Page One…will get exported.…Yay!…I'm gonna press Command-E or Control-E…
- Choosing between fixed-layout and reflowable EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Working with book files and Word documents
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Mapping text styles
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to other formats
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Understanding the EPUB Export Options Dialog Box
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
9. Keeping Up with the Field
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.