Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Looking at the components of an EPUB file, part of Learning InDesign CC 2015: EPUBs.
- Those new to the field of ebook design are…often surprised to learn that an EPUB is actually…a website.…That's what InDesign does when you export to EPUB,…it actually exports the content to HTML and CSS.…It includes a few additional files that help e-reader…devices and software understand what to do with those…HTML files and CSS files.…That's what it is.…And I think it's important to understand the anatomy…of EPUB files that you understand what's happening…in InDesign when it's doing that conversion to an EPUB.…
Where we're looking here on the screen is the EPUB…from the last video…where I showed you how to get the software to extract…the contents of EPUBs that was in 0103,…and we extracted is using ecan crusher,…so this is the contents of the book called…"Robinson Crusoe's Money"…right here.…And the HTML files are all inside this folder called…"Mysteriously OEBPS".…It actually stands for "Open Ebook Publication Structure"…folder, but most people just called it "The Book Folder"…or "The Content Folder".…
And you can see that there is a bunch of HTML files,…
- Choosing between fixed-layout and reflowable EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Working with book files and Word documents
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Mapping text styles
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to other formats
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner9h 31m Beginner
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Understanding the EPUB Export Options Dialog Box
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
9. Keeping Up with the Field
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.