Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Linking page items, part of InDesign CC 2014: Interactive Documents.
One of InDesign's features that can help a lot when you're…designing different versions of a document, is the place and link feature.…It allows you to create page items that are linked to an original source.…So, as you make changes, you can…keep things looking consistent across your documents,…or you can set some attributes of linked items to be independent of the original.…So, let's take a look at linked page items.…Here I have my original document on the left, and I've started…a new version on the right, and I'd like to reuse this photo in the new document.…
So, I'll select it, and choose Edit > Place and Link.…When I do this, the Content Conveyor appears with the photo in it.…Create link is selected and grayed out.…And also notice the link icon at my cursor, telling me that…the photo I'm about to place will be linked to the original.…In the Conveyor, I'll choose Place Multiple and Keep in Conveyor.…So,…I can place this item three times and see some different Options.…I'll go to my second document, and I'll just click to…
- Overview of interactive document types
- Enhancing a project with interactive objects
- Setting up hyperlinks, page transitions, and a table of contents
- Understanding media formats
- Adding HTML animations
- Manage folios with the Folio Producer
- Creating EPUBs
- Adapting a page layout for mobile devices with Liquid Layout
- Changing page designs with primary text frames
- Formatting text with text style mapping
- Workflows for designing interactive documents
- Customizing the workspace
- Organizing content with layers
- Using third-party scripts to work on interactive documents
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 09/02/2014. What changed?
A: We added movies on creating navigational TOCs and new support for fixed-layout EPUBs in InDesign CC.
Q: This course was updated on 12/12/2014. What changed?
A: We added two new movies covering updates to the EPUB workflow, and revised five movies to reflect other changes in InDesign CC 2014.1.
InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPadwith Anne-Marie Concepción7h 33m Intermediate
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Setting Up InDesign for Working with Interactive Documents
2. Types of Interactive Documents You Can Make with InDesign
3. Working with Interactive Objects
4. Using Navigation Tools
5. Multimedia Tools
6. Tools for Creating Digital Publishing Apps
7. Tools for Creating EPUBs
8. Tools for Adapting Layouts
9. Interactive Document Workflows
10. Advanced InDesign Workflows for Interactive Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.