Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Learning the basic prep steps for most InDesign files, part of Learning InDesign CC 2015: EPUBs.
- Whatever kind of document you're working with…in InDesign, whether it's a complex one…like this Globe Bank white paper…or a relatively straightforward one…like a trade book, like Alice's Adventures in Wonderland…that's mainly text with just a few images,…there are a few essential steps…that you'll need to go through in InDesign…before you can export a workable ePUB…that has all the essential features…that your readers will need.…Let me go through those essential steps quickly.…
Any floating images that you have…in your document you'll need to anchor…within the story itself so that they appear…in the correct position.…Often the elements on every page…will need to be moved or nudged…or manipulated in order to export them…in the correct order.…If there are instances of a lot of white space…with tabs or space runs or space in between frames…that gets collapsed, you'll need to…go through your document and…make sure that you're using proper formatting…in order to maintain that kind of white space.…
You really need to apply paragraph…
- Choosing between fixed-layout and reflowable EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Working with book files and Word documents
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Mapping text styles
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to other formats
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner9h 31m Beginner
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Understanding the EPUB Export Options Dialog Box
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
9. Keeping Up with the Field
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.