- View Offline
- Creating visual relationships with alignment and repetition
- Exploring different configurations
- Using scaling and white space
- Organizing a page with rules
- Working with flexible column grids
- Establishing hierarchies
- Working with symmetry and asymmetry
- Integrating text and images in your layouts
Skill Level Appropriate for all
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Nigel French. Welcome to Layout and Composition with Adobe InDesign. In this course, I'm going to talk about practical techniques for creating better-looking layouts. Using typical design projects, like a business card, a full-page ad, a magazine layout, and a poster, we'll be applying simple and effective design principles to create designs that are engaging and readable. We'll look at the importance of contrast, repetition, hierarchy, and scale, and we'll see how much the creative use of whitespace can transform a stodgy-looking layout into one that's dynamic and engaging.
So let's get started.