Explore the ins and outs and time-saving benefits of using styles in InDesign. Learn about text styles, table and cell styles, object styles, and other style-related features.
- [Nigel] Hi, I'm Nigel French. Welcome to InDesign Styles. Styles are a fundamental part of Adobe InDesign and essential to any professional InDesign workflow. The difference between using styles and not using styles is the difference between you controlling InDesign and InDesign controlling you. Styles save you hours of drudgery. They let you control the appearance of your documents and effect far-reaching changes with just a few clicks. And by freeing you up from repetitive and boring tasks, styles allow you to be more creative.
Styles ensure consistency, And a consistently formatted document is essential for meeting a reader's expectations and gaining a reader's trust. In this course, we'll look at the full range of InDesign styles: paragraph, character, object, nested, GREP, table, cell, list, even stroke styles. I'll show you how to create, apply, and redefine styles, as well as practical ways to use them and combine them. I'll be starting at an introductory level, but there'll also be tips and tricks for more advanced users.
Let's get started.
- Creating, applying, and redefining paragraph and character styles
- Using Quick Apply to apply styles
- Using GREP styles to automate text formatting
- Controlling text flow with styles
- Organizing content with paragraph rules and paragraph shading
- Creating, applying, and redefining object styles
- Applying styles with Find/Change
- Mapping Word styles to InDesign styles
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CC 2017 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner6h 42m Beginner
InDesign: Designing Templateswith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 31m Intermediate
Accelerated Design with Comp CC and InDesignwith Tony Harmer1h 37m Intermediate
1. Paragraph and Character Styles Basics
2. Chapter Botched on Import
3. Advanced Text Styles
5. Object Styles
6. Table and Cell Styles
7. Other Uses of Styles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.