Join James Fritz for an in-depth discussion in this video Interactive documents: Born Magazine, part of InDesign CS5: Interactive Documents and Presentations.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
One of the best examples of what you can create with InDesign CS5 is Born Presents.…Design agency Belle & Wissell set out to develop an electronic publication to…celebrate the 14 years of Born Magazine.…This article explains Belle & Wissell's experience of using InDesign to…create this project.…By taking advantage of InDesign's new interactive features, their print…designers were able to expand their skills into the interactive realm while…using tools they already know.…As you scroll down on this page, there is a link that we can click on to…launch Born Presents.…After the page loads, we'll see the cover of Born Presents with a series of…dots that slowly fade into the number of projects and contributors that worked on this project.…
We can click on the button in the lower right-hand corner to navigate to the next page.…As we navigate through this project, we'll start to see more interactivity, such…as a video and rollover buttons.…This spread is one of the most interesting.…We have a series of covers with rollovers that let us click, see a larger…
- Studying new trends in digital design
- Creating a PDF and SWF presentation
- Building different navigation systems
- Creating interactive slideshows
- Animating a presentation as a SWF in InDesign
- Designing an interactive microsite
- Adding video and audio to a document
- Building an interactive TOC with buttons
- Using InDesign and Flash to build an interactive catalog
- InDesign to Flash production tips
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CS5 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner10h 33m Beginner
1. Trends in Digital Design
2. Setting Up InDesign for Designing Digital Documents
3. Presentation File Format Options and Tips
4. Creating a Simple PDF or SWF Slide Presentation
5. Adding Advanced PDF Presentation Options
6. Building the Presentation as a Complex SWF File
7. Creating an Interactive Microsite
8. Creating an interactive Mood Board
9. Creating an Interactive Catalog
10. Converting from InDesign to Flash Professional
11. Production Tips for Going from InDesign to Flash
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.