Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Interactive PDF workflow, part of InDesign CC: Interactive Document Fundamentals (2014).
While everyone's workflow can be different, generally speaking, you can…divide the job of creating interactive PDFs into two main parts.…The work that you do in InDesign and the work that takes place afterwards in a…program like Adobe Acrobat, and within these two phases.…There are several common jobs to think about and do.…So let's take a look at the steps in an interactive PDF Workflow.…If you're starting a new project the interactive PDF Workflow begins pretty…much the same as any other InDesign document.…In order to build consistent professional looking pages and do so with some amount…of efficiency, you have to do some pre-production work.…
Building things like styles for texts and objects, swatches for color, and setting…up your document with the proper layers and guides.…And if you're going to be creating similar documents over and over, you might want to…save a template, so you're always starting from a clean slate.…Then in the next phase, you put real content into your document.…You write or place text, you edit the text, create tables, place images,…
- Overview of interactive document types
- Enhancing a project with interactive objects
- Setting up hyperlinks, page transitions, and a table of contents
- Understanding media formats
- Adding HTML animations
- Manage folios with the Folio Producer
- Creating EPUBs
- Adapting a page layout for mobile devices with Liquid Layout
- Changing page designs with primary text frames
- Formatting text with text style mapping
- Workflows for designing interactive documents
- Customizing the workspace
- Organizing content with layers
- Using third-party scripts to work on interactive documents
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 09/02/2014. What changed?
A: We added movies on creating navigational TOCs and new support for fixed-layout EPUBs in InDesign CC.
Q: This course was updated on 12/12/2014. What changed?
A: We added two new movies covering updates to the EPUB workflow, and revised five movies to reflect other changes in InDesign CC 2014.1.
InDesign CS6 to EPUB, Kindle, and iPadwith Anne-Marie Concepción7h 33m Intermediate
Digital Publishing Fundamentalswith William Everhart1h 8m Appropriate for all
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Setting Up InDesign for Working with Interactive Documents
2. Types of Interactive Documents You Can Make with InDesign
3. Working with Interactive Objects
4. Using Navigation Tools
5. Multimedia Tools
6. Tools for Creating Digital Publishing Apps
7. Tools for Creating EPUBs
8. Tools for Adapting Layouts
9. Interactive Document Workflows
10. Advanced InDesign Workflows for Interactive Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.