Join James Fritz for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing scripts, part of InDesign CS5: Interactive Documents and Presentations.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
One of my favorite features of InDesign are scripts. They are tiny little programs that automatically perform repetitive tasks that would otherwise be a lot of manual work. To install a script, we are going to go to Window > Utilities > Scripts. We can also hit Command+Option+F11 on the Mac, or Ctrl+Alt+F11 on the PC. We want to install our scripts inside the User folder in the Script panel. Right now, I don't have any installed. I am going to right-click the User folder and choose Reveal in Finder on the Mac, or Reveal in Explorer on the PC. On my Desktop, I have two scripts that I am going to install.
At the bottom, we can find more information about each of these scripts. Using scripts may sound complicated, but if you think of them as extra features inside InDesign, you'll be happy to find out that they're only a double-click away.
- Studying new trends in digital design
- Creating a PDF and SWF presentation
- Building different navigation systems
- Creating interactive slideshows
- Animating a presentation as a SWF in InDesign
- Designing an interactive microsite
- Adding video and audio to a document
- Building an interactive TOC with buttons
- Using InDesign and Flash to build an interactive catalog
- InDesign to Flash production tips
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CS5 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner10h 33m Beginner
1. Trends in Digital Design
2. Setting Up InDesign for Designing Digital Documents
3. Presentation File Format Options and Tips
4. Creating a Simple PDF or SWF Slide Presentation
5. Adding Advanced PDF Presentation Options
6. Building the Presentation as a Complex SWF File
7. Creating an Interactive Microsite
8. Creating an interactive Mood Board
9. Creating an Interactive Catalog
10. Converting from InDesign to Flash Professional
11. Production Tips for Going from InDesign to Flash
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.