Learn how to find the word, line, and paragraph counts with the Info.
- [Voiceover] InDesign's Info Panel is used for character,…word, line, and paragraph counts.…I've included the Info Panel in my custom…Editorial Workspace.…But if you don't see yours open,…you'll find it under the Window Menu.…So, I'm gonna insert my cursor into the story.…Now, if I have a text insertion point,…what I will see is a count of my whole story.…If I make a selection, I see a count of just that selection.…
What the Info Panel is also very useful…for, I've moved now to the next spread,…I'll delete this frame, and then, double-click…back into the previous frame,…is it will tell you by how many words you are overset.…So by deleting that frame, I created overset text.…Clicking back into the story,…I see now indicated after the plus symbol…the amount of words, characters, lines,…and paragraphs that are overset.…Note that the counts are on a story by story basis,…and they are not a tally of all the word…in all stories in the document.…
Author and designer Nigel French explains how to set up an "editorial workspace" that puts the tools you need most at close reach. He then moves on to selecting and editing text in InDesign: changing case, adding special characters, formatting lists, and inserting breaks. He also shows how to use the Story Editor, Notes, and the Track Changes feature, and explains how InDesign documents are constructed, so that you can edit them with more confidence.
- Opening and saving InDesign documents
- Creating an editorial workspace
- Using guides and nonprinting visual aids
- Selecting and editing text
- Changing case
- Accessing special characters
- Working with bulleted and numbered lists
- Checking spelling
- Working with Notes and Track Changes
- Understanding the underlying structure of an InDesign file
- Controlling text breaks
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner9h 34m Beginner
1. The InDesign Environment
2. Editing Text
3. Editorial Panels and Features
4. How InDesign Documents Are Constructed
5. Controlling Text Breaks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.