Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Including a linked index, part of Learning InDesign CC 2015: EPUBs.
- In a previous video in this chapter,…we learned how an InDesign generated table of contents,…can be included in your publication,…and when you export it to ePub,…it actually serves a great purpose there as well.…It turns into links that people can use…to navigate through the eBook.…Well the same thing is true for…an InDesign generated index.…And I've already created an index and added one…to the end of this book, but I would just want to…give you a little heads-up on how you might create one.…InDesign has its own Index panel…and I've added it to my ePub custom workspace,…right here at the bottom.…
So if you don't see Index here,…if you didn't do the same thing,…you can get to the Index panel by going to the Window menu,…choosing Type & Tables, and choosing Index.…It's really simple to use an index.…You just scroll through your document…and when you find a word that you want to add to the index,…you zoom in, double-click, and click…create a new index entry.…I've already done it, as I said, for a number of these.…
- Choosing between fixed-layout and reflowable EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Working with book files and Word documents
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Mapping text styles
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to other formats
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner9h 30m Beginner
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Understanding the EPUB Export Options Dialog Box
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
9. Keeping Up with the Field
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.