Join Michael Murphy for an in-depth discussion in this video InDesign's HTML limitations, part of InDesign CS6: HTML.
I think InDesign's HTML export is great.…I use it in a real world print to…web workflow and it's been a huge success for me.…But I also have to admit that it's far from perfect.…So it bears mentioning early on what some of…it's limitations and problems are, so you can do…your best to work around these issues as you go or deal with them on the back end.…In my experience the bigger issues to be aware of are InDesign…is good with HTML, but bad at CSS.…Don't expect to make a lot of use out of the CSS that InDesign generates.…
Unless you're prepared to do a lot of work…on that CSS file yourself, defining its classes and attributes.…And changing the CSS to make it easier to modify later on.…If you know enough about CSS to fix all of these problems.…You probably know enough to write your own CSS,…which is the better way to go.…In InDesign CS6, you're required to export your HTML with…InDesign CSS, if you want the HTML markup to include any class attributes.…
However, you're not required to actually use that CSS.…
- Connecting InDesign styles to HTML tags and CSS classes
- Controlling the order of exported content
- Exporting just the content you want
- Bringing sidebars and pull quotes into HTML text flow
- Adding hyperlinks to images and text
- Replacing InDesign's CSS with a custom CSS
- Generating web-optimized images from print layouts
Skill Level Advanced
Photoshop CS6 for Web Designers (2012)with Justin Seeley4h 56m Appropriate for all
Illustrator for Web Design (2012)with Justin Seeley5h 27m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with InDesign and HTML
2. Preparing Text and Objects for Export
3. Preparing Images for Export
4. Organizing and Exporting Content
Next steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.