Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video InDesign documents for mobile devices, part of InDesign CC: Interactive Document Fundamentals (2014).
Nowadays it's likely that any interactive documents you create are going to be…viewed on a variety of devices, on different screen sizes and orientations.…And since you can't use InDesign to create responsive layouts…that automatically adapt to whatever screen they're being viewed on.…You have to either accept that your layout won't fit some of the various…screens, or you need to create separate…layouts for each screen size and orientation.…For example, here's a PDF about the Roux Academy that I'm viewing…on my iPad in the Adobe reader app.…And when I hold the iPad vertically, the PDF looks pretty good.…
That's because this document was made with the same aspect ratio as the iPad.…So, it fits the screen.…I can swipe through and see my pages, and it pretty…much feels like I'm paging through a print version of this document.…But what happens if I turn the iPad screen?…Well, now in order to see the whole page, I have to view it at such a reduced size…that almost half the screen is wasted space.…This makes all my contents smaller and less impactful,…
- Overview of interactive document types
- Enhancing a project with interactive objects
- Setting up hyperlinks, page transitions, and a table of contents
- Understanding media formats
- Adding HTML animations
- Manage folios with the Folio Producer
- Creating EPUBs
- Adapting a page layout for mobile devices with Liquid Layout
- Changing page designs with primary text frames
- Formatting text with text style mapping
- Workflows for designing interactive documents
- Customizing the workspace
- Organizing content with layers
- Using third-party scripts to work on interactive documents
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CS6 to EPUB, Kindle, and iPadwith Anne-Marie Concepción7h 33m Intermediate
Digital Publishing Fundamentalswith William Everhart1h 8m Appropriate for all
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Setting Up InDesign for Working with Interactive Documents
2. Types of Interactive Documents You Can Make with InDesign
3. Working with Interactive Objects
4. Using Navigation Tools
5. Multimedia Tools
6. Tools for Creating Digital Publishing Apps
7. Tools for Creating EPUBs
8. Tools for Adapting Layouts
9. Interactive Document Workflows
10. Advanced InDesign Workflows for Interactive Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.