InDesign for Web Design
InDesign offers unique advantages for kick-starting a website design, such as its unmatched typographic control, pixel-perfect positioning, and fluid, intuitive layout environment. InDesign offers designers who want to quickly create webpage prototypes a powerful toolset with robust text and object styles, page grid features, and interactivity—and none of the limitations of Photoshop, complexities of Dreamweaver, or burdens of hand-coding HTML and CSS. This course shows aspiring web designers how to set up documents for the web, utilize web fonts for maximum compatibility, design a navigation bar, and even mimic CSS with InDesign styles. The final chapter shows how to export your mockups as HTML, CSS, PDF, SWF, and web-optimized images that can be shown to clients or quickly published to the web.
- Understanding web concepts such as pages, pixels, and the box model
- Working within web colors and grids
- Working with type and type styles
- Designing a nav bar with tables
- Setting up a template with headers, footers, and modular content
- Experimenting with liquid and alternate layouts
- Adding interactive content such as links and video
- Exporting flat PNG and JPEG comps
- Exporting HTML and CSS content
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Michael Murphy and welcome to InDesign for Web Design. In this course I'll show you how to build and design website mock-ups using Adobe InDesign. I'll start by showing you how to set your documents with web-friendly colors, grids, and measurements, then I'll show you how to streamline your design process with styles that allow you to easily transform and edit your text, objects, and images. We'll cover how to add interactive elements to your site, like hyperlinks, video, and HTML content, then I'll walk you through different ways to export your web design and include the necessary information and visual reference a developer might need to build the site.
We'll cover all of these features plus more, so let's get started with InDesign for Web Design.
Drawing Vector Graphics: Linear Line Illustration68,865 Views
Windows 8 Networking and Security25,219 Views
Drupal Gardens Essential Training148,401 Views
Light and Texture for Product Visualization in MODO24,583 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,676,368 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Mastery301,789 Views
Edge Animate Essential Training630,358 Views
Muse Essential Training1,469,007 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Advanced391,623 Views