Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,800 courses, including more Design and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
- Comparing the Export vs. Distiller workflows
- Using Adobe PDF presets
- Adjusting image compression
- Creating a hybrid print/screen PDF
- Keeping your PDF file size small
- Batching exporting PDFs
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm David Blatner, the co-host of InDesignSecrets.com and this is InDesign Insider Training: Print PDFs. In this title, I'm going to teach you how to make great PDF files. I start with a bunch of critical but basic information about PDFs that most InDesign users never get around to learning. I'll explain all the confusing terminology involved, including presets such as PDFX1A, transparency flattening, I'll talk about tagging and what that is, and also why you need to pay attention to image compression.
I then jump into how to optimize your PDFs. Finally, I talk about the most common PDF scenarios, like converting all your text to outlines, or creating a small PDF suitable for emailing or downloading from a website. I'm glad you're here, because being able to make a good quality PDF is a critical skill in today's world. Let's see how it's done.
Sign up for a Premium Membership to download courses for Internet-free viewing.
Watch offline with your iOS, Android, or desktop app.Start Your Free Trial
After signing up, download the course here or from the iOS/Android App.