- View Offline
- Setting preferences
- Working with parent and child master pages
- Adding alternate layouts
- Exporting and importing page snippets
- Tracking text changes
- Choosing other languages
- Aligning to a baseline grid
- Applying styles automatically with nested and line styles
- Embedding links
- Turning image layers on and off
- Using the Pathfinder and compound paths
- Power scaling and spacing
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi, I'm David Blatner. Welcome to InDesign Insider Training: Beyond the Essentials. In this course, we're going to learn tips, tricks, and techniques that InDesign experts use every day to layout pages fast. I'll start by showing you how to manage all your documents quickly and efficiently, using work spaces and split windows. Next, I'll cover how you can customize InDesign to the way you work with shortcuts and preferences. Then I get into the meat of this title, exploring parent-child master pages, advanced text and typography features such as the optical margin alignment and GREP styles, and best practices for importing and managing linked graphics.
Finally, we'll see how to get the most out of InDesign scaling, gridify, and color tools. Strap in tight, and prepare to learn as we delve beyond the essentials.