- Choosing between fixed-layout and reflowable EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Working with book files and Word documents
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Mapping text styles
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to other formats
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Welcome to Indesign CC 2015: EPUB Fundamentals In this course we'll take a close look at EPUBS the standard format for eBooks today and how we can use InDesign CC 2015 to create them. I'm gonna start by showing you what's inside an eBook file, What's the difference between an EPUB file and an eBook, and how to install and use free scripts for MAC and Windows to help you create EPUBS much more quickly from InDesign. We'll learn what's so important about EPUB 3 and how to create a standards compliant EPUB 3 from InDesign.
Including the correct HTML and CSS that they require. You'll see how to optimize your text, graphics, tables, videos. I'll show you some of the new EPUB features, including semantic mark-up and CSS re-sizing, You're going to learn how to create beautiful, sophisticated, standards compliant EPUB 3 files with a stream lined workflow and how to proof them on your e-reader software and e-reader devices. Join me in learning InDesign CC 2015: EPUB Fundamentals.
InDesign CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner9h 31m Beginner
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Understanding the EPUB Export Options Dialog Box
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
9. Keeping Up with the Field
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.