Learn how to identify imported styles.
- [Narrator] Another type of paragraph style is…an imported style.…When you place a text file from Word,…any styles that are applied in Word will be imported,…assuming that your import options allow…for the import of styles and formatting,…which is usually the case.…So I'm going to come to the File menu and choose place,…and I'm going to use this document…and let's have a look at my options,…I'm going to turn on show import options or rather,…so that that doesn't remain on,…cause most of the time I don't want to see that,…I'm going hold down the shift key and click open,…which is equivalent to turning it on for one time only,…and we see that preserve styles and formatting is checked.…
So when I click OK,…I've got some missing fonts I won't worry about that,…I can just flow this into my primary text frame,…and then if we take a look at the paragraph styles panel,…we see that we have these imported styles,…denoted by this disk icon.…Now assuming that these styles…have been created in a logical way,…you can treat them just like any other styles…
- Creating, applying, and redefining paragraph and character styles
- Using Quick Apply to apply styles
- Using GREP styles to automate text formatting
- Controlling text flow with styles
- Organizing content with paragraph rules and paragraph shading
- Creating, applying, and redefining object styles
- Applying styles with Find/Change
- Mapping Word styles to InDesign styles
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CC 2017 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner6h 42m Beginner
InDesign: Designing Templateswith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 31m Intermediate
Accelerated Design with Comp CC and InDesignwith Tony Harmer1h 37m Intermediate
1. Paragraph and Character Styles Basics
2. Chapter Botched on Import
3. Advanced Text Styles
5. Object Styles
6. Table and Cell Styles
7. Other Uses of Styles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.