Join Michael Murphy for an in-depth discussion in this video How InDesign exports images, part of InDesign CS6 to HTML.
When it comes to images, InDesign can be a fast,…effective tool for converting your images for use on the web.…When you export to HTML for InDesign and are specifying how images are handled,…you have several choices in terms of…how InDesign processes and copies those images.…The Default option is optimized, and with that selected, you can…choose to either preserve the appearance from the layout or not.…The other two…options are Original, which grays out any options here.…And Link to Server Path, which only gives you a small set of options.…
Let's quickly take a top level view of what these individual options actually do.…When you choose 'original' InDesign just copies your original…file to another folder in the web resources folder.…If it's CMYK,…it stays CMYK. It keeps its own file name.…If it's a PSD with layers, it stays a PSD with layers or an Illustrator file.…It doesn't matter.…You're just gathering all those original images into a new folder.…It's very similar to packaging a job for export.…
It's unlikely that your print images are going to be the…
- Connecting InDesign styles to HTML tags and CSS classes
- Controlling the order of exported content
- Exporting just the content you want
- Bringing sidebars and pull quotes into HTML text flow
- Adding hyperlinks to images and text
- Replacing InDesign's CSS with a custom CSS
- Generating web-optimized images from print layouts
Skill Level Advanced
Photoshop CS6 for Web Design (2012)with Justin Seeley4h 56m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with InDesign and HTML
2. Preparing Text and Objects for Export
3. Preparing Images for Export
4. Organizing and Exporting Content
Next steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.