Join Michael Murphy for an in-depth discussion in this video HTML preparation checklist, part of InDesign CS6 to HTML.
The good news, as we saw in the previous movie,…is that great looking HTML export from InDesign is entirely possible.…But getting there requires some up front work on your part.…And it helps a lot if you know a bit about…the CSS that will format your exported content, especially its class names.…Just like you would perform a handful of steps to prepare…a print layout for your printer, you need to prepare for HTML.…Here's a checklist for optimally preparing your print layouts for HTML export.…
First, use styles for everything.…If you're not using styles on all of your text and layout…elements, you're already fighting a losing battle when it comes to HTML.…Organized, consistently styled print layouts are the only…way to get organized, consistently styled web content.…You then…need to connect your text styles to HTML tags and CSS classes with Export Tagging.…What you call a headline style, body copy style or italic style doesn't…get automatically translated to an appropriate HTML tag or CSS class.…
That's up to you.…
- Connecting InDesign styles to HTML tags and CSS classes
- Controlling the order of exported content
- Exporting just the content you want
- Bringing sidebars and pull quotes into HTML text flow
- Adding hyperlinks to images and text
- Replacing InDesign's CSS with a custom CSS
- Generating web-optimized images from print layouts
Skill Level Advanced
Photoshop CS6 for Web Design (2012)with Justin Seeley4h 56m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with InDesign and HTML
2. Preparing Text and Objects for Export
3. Preparing Images for Export
4. Organizing and Exporting Content
Next steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.