Learn about a plugin that is a one-stop-shop for creating grids in InDesign.
- [Instructor] Grid Calculator Pro … from Designer's Bookshop is a plug-in … that is one stop shop for creating grids in InDesign. … It takes the elements of grid creation: … the new document dialog box, the create guides dialog box, … the baseline grid and grid options, … as well as the text that needs to align to the grid … and allows you to set up all these options in one place. … Once installed, Designer's Bookshop will appear … on your menu. … To create a document, choose open plug-in. … We have a preview of a two-page spread … with the document grid turned on. … The first thing I'll do is change my unit of measurement … to points and pixels. … Everything here is going to be based upon the leading value … that we choose and since that value is always going … to be expressed in points, I want points … to be my default unit of measurement. … Having said that, I am now going to change my document size, … specifying in inches. … I do have a list of predefined document sizes … as well as screen sizes, …
- Why grids matter
- Setting up a modular grid
- Determining margins, page size, and aspect ratio
- Creating a baseline grid
- Creating a cap height grid
- Text wraps and grids
- Object styles and grid
- Using the Gridify feature
- Breaking your grid with images
- Shaping text frames
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CC: Designing a Magazine Layoutwith Nigel French1h 51m Intermediate
Graphic Design Foundations: Typographywith Ina Saltz2h 23m Beginner
1. Grids: An Overview
2. Setting Up a Grid
3. Using a Baseline Grid in InDesign
4. Grid-Related InDesign Tools and Features
5. Breaking the Grid
6. Third-Party Grid Tools
Grid Calculator Pro6m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.