Join Deke McClelland for an in-depth discussion in this video Goodbye, part of InDesign CS3 One-on-One: Style Sheets.
People say to me, "Deke, how do you talk for 5 1/2 hours on style sheets, which is just one facet of InDesign?"…That's roughly the time it takes Jack Bauer,…the fictitious hero from TV show '24,' to lose a wife, save a daughter, of get a girlfriend, develop a heroin addiction, …fake his own death and single-handedly stop three nuclear bombs.…We actually had all that stuff in here, but it didn't quite make the cut.…What can I tell you? The style sheet stuff was better.…I hope you enjoyed this look at the amazing, action-packed world of InDesign CS3 style sheets.…
With any luck, you'll be creating better looking documents more quickly in no time.…If you're looking for more where that came from, don't forget to check out www.lynda.com/deke. Something like 30,000 videos at this site,…and only one in with Jack Bauer.…Don't believe me? Go back and watch them all again.…And again…and again.…At the end of many of them, you'll see me saying, "This is Deke McClelland saying,…see ya!"…
Download Deke's customized keyboard layouts for InDesign Style Sheets from the Exercise Files tab.
- Replicating formatting attributes with the Eyedropper tool
- Creating and applying paragraph styles
- Formatting stories with New Style and Quick Apply
- Understanding and exploiting local overrides
- Augmenting text with character styles
- Employing nested and numbered styles
- Using a "list" to number across stories
- Working with table and cell styles
- Creating and employing object styles
- Automating whole page designs with anchored object styles
Skill Level Intermediate
1. How Style Automation Works
2. Creating and Applying Paragraph Styles
3. Updating Paragraph Styles
Updating a shared attribute2m 23s
4. Augmenting Text with Character Styles
5. Employing Nested and Numbered Styles
6. Using Table and Cell Styles
7. Creating and Employing Object Styles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.