Join Nigel French for an in-depth discussion in this video Goodbye, part of InDesign Typography Part 1.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] So that brings us to the end of part one…of this course.…In part two of InDesign Typography,…I'll be looking at macro typography,…the aesthetics of aligning type.…Global formatting with styles.…How to establish hierarchy and the creative use…of white space, to name just a few of the topics…I'll be covering.…I hope that after a pause for breath,…you'll join me, see you soon.…
- Creating a typographic workspace
- Understanding the anatomy and terminology of type
- Choosing typefaces
- Sizing and scaling type
- Formatting characters
- Adjusting leading (aka line spacing)
- Tracking and kerning
- Using the Glyphs panel
- Adding special characters: dashes, quotes, ellipses, and more
- Using OpenType features like ligatures and fractions
Skill Level Intermediate
Layout and Composition with InDesignwith Nigel French1h 27m Appropriate for all
1. Choosing and Combining Typefaces
2. Character Formatting
3. Leading (Line Spacing)
4. Letter Spacing, Tracking, and Kerning
5. Small and Important Details
6. OpenType features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.