Join Nigel French for an in-depth discussion in this video Goodbye and next steps, part of InDesign for Editors.
- [Voiceover] In this course,…I've been talking about an exclusively…InDesign workflow for editing.…As an alternative you might consider…using Adobe InCopy,…a tool that works in conjunction with InDesign…and lets editors work on an InDesign document…simultaneously with the designer.…There are similar solutions from Em Software:…WordsFlow and DocsFlow.…If you're interested in learning more about…an InCopy workflow,…then check out Anne Marie Concepcion's…Collaborative Workflows with InCopy.…
For more about InDesign in general,…I recommend David Blatnor's…InDesign Essential Training…and for more about working with type in InDesign,…I recommend my own InDesign Typography.…If you'd like to stay in touch,…my website is NigelFrench.com…and my email is firstname.lastname@example.org.…Bye for now…and thanks for watching.…
Author and designer Nigel French explains how to set up an "editorial workspace" that puts the tools you need most at close reach. He then moves on to selecting and editing text in InDesign: changing case, adding special characters, formatting lists, and inserting breaks. He also shows how to use the Story Editor, Notes, and the Track Changes feature, and explains how InDesign documents are constructed, so that you can edit them with more confidence.
- Opening and saving InDesign documents
- Creating an editorial workspace
- Using guides and nonprinting visual aids
- Selecting and editing text
- Changing case
- Accessing special characters
- Working with bulleted and numbered lists
- Checking spelling
- Working with Notes and Track Changes
- Understanding the underlying structure of an InDesign file
- Controlling text breaks
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner9h 34m Beginner
1. The InDesign Environment
2. Editing Text
3. Editorial Panels and Features
4. How InDesign Documents Are Constructed
5. Controlling Text Breaks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.