Clean up your text with Find/Change, Find/Change by list, Hidden Characters, Sotry Editor, converting local formats to Character Styles
- [Voiceover] Here are some tips…for keeping your text lean and mean.…We want to make sure that the text…doesn't have any extraneous characters like…extra paragraph marks, extra spaces, unnecessary tabs.…And an easy way to prevent these problems before they become…bigger problems is to work with…our hidden characters shown,…so that we can see where the problems are.…Currently, I'm in my Preview view mode.…When I press W, I go to my Normal view mode…and I have my Hidden Characters shown…so I can see that I have extra paragraph marks…to achieve spacing between paragraphs.…
That's not how it's done, if you want spacing…between paragraphs then we use space before or space after.…More on that in upcoming movies.…We see that there is a tab to achieve a first line indent.…That's not how it's done,…instead we want a first line indent.…Again, more on that in upcoming movies.…And, we see that there are two spaces after a period,…and that is an absolute no-no…and if you want more on that,…just do a Google search, you'll find lots of material…
To get the most from this course, make sure to watch InDesign Typography Part 1.
- Text flow and text threading
- Placeholders and text frames
- Type alignment
- Indents, insets, and spacing
- Bullet and numbered lists
- Text wrap
- Formatting with styles
- Hyphenation and line breaks
- Combining typefaces
- White space and grids
Skill Level Intermediate
Graphic Design Foundations: Typographywith Ina Saltz2h 23m Beginner
InDesign: Layout and Compositionwith Nigel French1h 27m Intermediate
1. Text Flow
3. Indents, Insets, and Spacing
4. Typical Formatting Scenarios
5. Global Formatting with Styles
6. Controlling Text
7. Design Considerations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.