Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Giving a presentation, part of Creating a PDF Presentation.
…Well designed slides are really only…the first ingredient in an effective presentation.…Once you've finished your work in InDesign, you still have…to prepare and deliver the presentation in front of your audience.…So here are a few tips and tricks for giving an effective presentation.…First, well in advance you should have a clear picture in…your mind of what you want to accomplish during the presentation.…What story are you telling?…Are your trying to teach a specific set of skills?…Are you there to try to sway…the opinions of decision makers?…The goals of your presentation should tell you what…to focus on and guide your preparation and delivery.…
Second, it's critical that you know your audience.…Are they already familiar with much of what you plan to cover?…Or will you be introducing brand new ideas and terms?…This will certainly affect the speed and complexity of what you say and show.…Also, is this a group where you can use some humor?…What kinds of jokes or references could you use to…establish rapport? And what topics should you avoid?…
- Explain the concept behind master pages.
- Demonstrate how to set page transitions.
- Explain the methods used to create hyperlinks.
- Cite ways to add audio and video to an interactive presentation.
- Solve PDF problems in Adobe Acrobat.
- Explain why you shouldn't use the InDesign animation tools to create an interactive PDF.