Join David Blatner for an in-depth discussion in this video Get the most out of this course, part of InDesign Insider Training: Color Management.
- Before we jump into exploring color management, I'm assuming that you already know InDesign at least reasonably well. Not only should you be able to create and edit InDesign documents, but you need to know your way around placing images, creating CMYK and RGB colors, and exporting a PDF. Color Management is an advanced topic, and I strongly recommend that before you watch this title, you at least take a look at some of my beginning and intermediate titles here in the online training library, such as these InDesign Insider Training Beyond the Essentials, Working with Photoshop and Illustrator, and Color.
Those courses will really give you the foundation to excel in this one. Now, the movies in this course are designed to be watched in order, from the first chapter to the last, but take that as more of a suggestion than a rule. If you want to jump around from movie to movie as your interest guides you, you'll still be able to learn that way, too.
- Understanding gamut and out-of-gamut color
- Creating great color profiles
- Working in InDesign's transparency blend space
- Using sRGB color settings
- Dealing with profile and policy mismatches
- Preparing RGB and CMYK images
- Importing images in InDesign
- Proofing design on screen
- Printing documents
- Exporting PDF files