- Okay, as we begin to work with InDesign…in creating EPUBs, you're going to…want to have a program available…on your computer to look at those EPUBs, right?…When you export to PDF, you could look…at those PDFs in Reader or Acrobat.…Well, on a Macintosh, you already have…a program installed called iBooks from Apple.…And that can be your default EPUB reader.…But on Windows, you don't have anything.…So I recommend that Windows users…download Adobe Digital Editions.…And I also recommend that Mac users do too.…ADE for short is free,…it's EPUB 3 compliant, which is good,…and it is not the world's best EPUB reader…and I don't think that many end users…will actually read an EPUB in ADE.…
It's mainly used for checking in books…that people have downloaded from the library, for example.…Just go to Adobe Digital Editions,…search for it in Google, and then go to Download…and you can see that you can download it…for Mac or Windows.…And Windows users, when you download it…you're going to get a prompt when you start to install it,…
- Choosing between fixed-layout and reflowable EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Working with book files and Word documents
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Mapping text styles
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to other formats
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner9h 30m Beginner
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Understanding the EPUB Export Options Dialog Box
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
9. Keeping Up with the Field
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.