- One of the strengths of InDesign…is the ability to format text in myriad ways.…All of this formatting is accessible via scripting.…To get started, open the Globe Bank's…Small Biz Magazine InDesign file.…Then open 07 _03 Add Watermark Begin…in the toolkit.…Choose File, Save As,…and name the file Add Watermark.…Before we issue a text formatting instruction…via a script, we need to tell the computer…what text we want the formatting to affect.…
In this case, we can get at the text frame easily,…because we named it myTextFrame earlier.…So, given a text frame, it's easy to get…at the text within it.…A text frame can contain paragraphs,…and in our case, we have only a single paragraph…in the text frame.…The first paragraph in a text frame is numbered…as paragraph zero.…So, we're going to type var myText =…myTextFrame.paragraph0…Assigning the variable myText to the paragraph…makes it easy to reference the paragraph…for our next few commands.…
If we look in the Object Model viewer,…and look at the Paragraph object,…we'll see there are just dozens and dozens…
- What are InDesign scripts?
- Installing scripts
- Editing scripts
- Referencing InDesign objects in scripts
- Creating a script to set preferences
- Creating a script to watermark designs
- Creating a script to transpose characters
Skill Level Beginner
Word and InDesign: Integrationwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 31m Intermediate
InDesign: Layout and Compositionwith Nigel French1h 27m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Find and Install Scripts
3. Edit a Script
5. Reference InDesign Objects with a Script
6. Create a Script to Configure Preferences and Defaults
7. Create a Script to Add Document Watermarks
8. Create a Script to Transpose Two Characters
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.