- Unless you're publishing a photos-only, text-free…magazine, you're going to have to deal with fonts.…And no one likes dealing with the technical…aspects of fonts, but you kind of have to.…So when you're preflighting your document,…one of the first things that you should do…is go up to the Type menu and choose Find Font.…Now, ordinarily you'd use the Find Font dialog box…to find and replace fonts that you've used,…like if you wanted to find all the Minion Pro Regulars…and change it to some other font.…But the Find Font dialog box is also great for preflighting,…because, well, it gives you a list of all the fonts…that actually show up on a page in your file.…
So look through this list carefully, are there…any fonts you didn't expect, like Arial Regular?…I'm not supposed to have Arial Regular in here,…so let's find out where that's used.…I'll click the Find First button, and it takes me right to…the first instance of that text, it even selects it for me.…Unfortunately the dialog box is…in the way, so I can't see it.…
- Working with fonts and linked images
- Previewing transparency
- Using the Preflight panel
- Managing preflight profiles
- Controlling color
- Saving and using print presets
- Printing booklets
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Is Your Document Ready to Print?
Next steps1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.