Join James Fritz for an in-depth discussion in this video Fixing the buttons, part of InDesign CS5: Interactive Documents and Presentations.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
When you create button actions inside InDesign they do not transfer to Flash.…Their appearance in rollovers will be present, but you've have to go through a…few extra steps in order to make them work again.…Inside our Flash layout we need to double-click inside the first spread to get in…here to be able to select the actual buttons.…I am going to grab the Next button and what we have to do is give it a name.…I am going to come up here inside our Properties tab and I'm going to give…the instance a name.…I'm going to call it next_btn for next button and hit Enter.…Now that I've named this button, I need to provide an ActionScript to be able…to tell it what to do.…I am going to come to the Code Snippets panel and I'm going to open up Timeline…Navigation and then double- click on Go to Frame and Stop.…
When I double-click, the Actions panel is going to pop open and we are going to…see it says gotoAndStop(5)).…Well that's great, but it doesn't really help me right now because this is…telling me to go to the fifth frame within this movie and if I close this panel,…
- Studying new trends in digital design
- Creating a PDF and SWF presentation
- Building different navigation systems
- Creating interactive slideshows
- Animating a presentation as a SWF in InDesign
- Designing an interactive microsite
- Adding video and audio to a document
- Building an interactive TOC with buttons
- Using InDesign and Flash to build an interactive catalog
- InDesign to Flash production tips
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CS5 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner10h 33m Beginner
1. Trends in Digital Design
2. Setting Up InDesign for Designing Digital Documents
3. Presentation File Format Options and Tips
4. Creating a Simple PDF or SWF Slide Presentation
5. Adding Advanced PDF Presentation Options
6. Building the Presentation as a Complex SWF File
7. Creating an Interactive Microsite
8. Creating an interactive Mood Board
9. Creating an Interactive Catalog
10. Converting from InDesign to Flash Professional
11. Production Tips for Going from InDesign to Flash
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.