Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Fixing PDF problems in Adobe Acrobat, part of Creating a PDF Presentation.
…Even though InDesign is a great tool…for making interactive documents, sometimes you may need…to use another tool like Adobe Acrobat…to fix some problems in your presentation file.…So, let's take a look at a few PDF fixes you can apply.…If you have a presentation file with a lot of…slides, big images and media like audio and video, you may…wish that you could reduce the file size so your…presentation fits handily on a USB thumb drive, or that it…can be attached to an email.…So let's first take a lot at some ways to reduce PDF file size.…
First, the settings you choose in the Export…PDF dialog box will affect your presentation file size.…If I press Cmd or Ctrl+E and I'll just export this to the desktop.…In the Export to Interactive PDF dialog box, the settings down here…at the bottom Image Handling can really affect your PDF file size.…Specifically, things like…JPEG Quality and Resolution.…By reducing the resolution and quality of images in…the PDF, you can sometimes dramatically reduce the file size.…But of course there's a trade off in quality.…
- Explain the concept behind master pages.
- Demonstrate how to set page transitions.
- Explain the methods used to create hyperlinks.
- Cite ways to add audio and video to an interactive presentation.
- Solve PDF problems in Adobe Acrobat.
- Explain why you shouldn't use the InDesign animation tools to create an interactive PDF.