Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Fixed-layout EPUB workflow, part of InDesign CC: Interactive Document Fundamentals (2014).
- Let's take a look at the workflow…for creating Fixed-Layout EPUB's with InDesign.…First off, if you're using the 2014…Release of InDesign CC or later…you can expect very good results…just by exporting your document,…the same as if you were creating a pdf.…And you don't have to do a lot of extra work…to preserve the appearance of your layout.…Most text and graphics as well as…other page objects including master page items…will be in you fixed-layout EPUB.…You can also include interactivity…in the form of audio and video, animations,…buttons, and multi state objects.…
And you can preview how each of these things…will look and act, before you export…by viewing them in the EPUB interactivity preview panel.…If you're converting old print documents…to fixed-layout EPUB's…one thing that might require a significant amount of work…is dealing with fonts.…If your document contains older postscript…type one fonts you'll need to replace them…since they can't be embedded in an EPUB file.…Only open type fonts can be embedded in fixed-layout EPUB's.…
- Overview of interactive document types
- Enhancing a project with interactive objects
- Setting up hyperlinks, page transitions, and a table of contents
- Understanding media formats
- Adding HTML animations
- Manage folios with the Folio Producer
- Creating EPUBs
- Adapting a page layout for mobile devices with Liquid Layout
- Changing page designs with primary text frames
- Formatting text with text style mapping
- Workflows for designing interactive documents
- Customizing the workspace
- Organizing content with layers
- Using third-party scripts to work on interactive documents
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CS6 to EPUB, Kindle, and iPadwith Anne-Marie Concepción7h 33m Intermediate
Digital Publishing Fundamentalswith William Everhart1h 8m Appropriate for all
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Setting Up InDesign for Working with Interactive Documents
2. Types of Interactive Documents You Can Make with InDesign
3. Working with Interactive Objects
4. Using Navigation Tools
5. Multimedia Tools
6. Tools for Creating Digital Publishing Apps
7. Tools for Creating EPUBs
8. Tools for Adapting Layouts
9. Interactive Document Workflows
10. Advanced InDesign Workflows for Interactive Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.