Learn about fitting images to picture frames, and using object styles to efficiently and consistently fit pictures to frames.
- [Instructor] In the previous step,…I placed the images into the frames that we had drawn…earlier on.…The images are in all cases bigger than those frames,…so we need to fit the images within the frames.…I have the images larger so that we have some flexibility…in terms of scaling the images,…should we decide to change the design,…so we've got plenty of room to work with.…These are our fitting options.…If I come and choose this image, and then right click,…and then come to fitting, we have these different options.…
It's going to be one of these first two…that will be appropriate,…typically, the first one,…fill frame proportionally,…and that's what I'll be using.…When you choose fill frame proportionally,…one of the dimensions will fit exactly,…in the case of this image,…since it is a horizontal image,…the vertical dimension fits exactly within the frame,…and then we have cropping of an equal amount…on the left and right.…
If I move over the image and click on the content grabber,…we see the image bounds,…and the color of that frame is the inverse color…
- Planning a newsletter
- Choosing a color palette
- Using a template and library items
- Placing and cleaning up text
- Creating and applying styles
- Working with images
- Evaluating, choosing, and placing images
- Working with inline images
- Preflighting the document
- Creating a print-ready PDF
- Creating a screen version of the newsletter
Skill Level Beginner
1. Planning the Newsletter
2. Working with Text
3. Working with Images
4. Printing the Newsletter
5. Creating a Screen Version of the Newsletter
Create a screen PDF5m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.