Join Keith Gilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Finish the script, part of InDesign: Scripting Made Easy.
- In this movie we'll add a few more commands to the script.…You'll see that it sometimes requires a bit of sleuthing…to locate the proper command in the object model.…Begin by opening the Globe Bank_Small Biz Magazine…InDesign file, then open the 06_04 Setup_begin file…in the Toolkit.…Choose File, Save As, and name the file Setup.…First, I'd like to add a command as a script…to enable InDesign smart guides.…You'd expect that this command…would be found in guidePreferences,…since that's where we found the commands…for showing and snapping to the ruler guides.…
But if you look through our guidePreferences…in the object model, you'll see no mention of smart guides.…Thankfully, searching the object model for the word smart…turns up SmartGuidePreference.…And if we search through the properties…for SmartGuidePreference,…we'll see there is a preference called enabled…and if true, smart guides are enabled.…So that's what we're looking for.…If you scroll to the bottom of the screen,…you'll see that SmartGuidePreferences…
- What are InDesign scripts?
- Installing scripts
- Editing scripts
- Referencing InDesign objects in scripts
- Creating a script to set preferences
- Creating a script to watermark designs
- Creating a script to transpose characters
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner9h 30m Beginner
InDesign: Layout and Compositionwith Nigel French1h 27m Appropriate for all
Word and InDesign: Integrationwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 29m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Find and Install Scripts
3. Edit a Script
5. Reference InDesign Objects with a Script
6. Create a Script to Configure Preferences and Defaults
7. Create a Script to Add Document Watermarks
8. Create a Script to Transpose Two Characters
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.