Join Nigel French for an in-depth discussion in this video Finding text between..., part of InDesign CS3 Long Documents.
I'm in the document grep_itals and we are going to use this document to find text…between something and change it to something else.…Now, specifically what we are going to do is find text between quotation marks and change it to italic.…But this could be used in re-purposed in various different ways, may be you want to find text…between angle brackets, between em dashes, you name it.…Let's just take a look at this text, so let's suppose that we decide that we want to use a style for dialog,…which is not using the quotation marks, but instead is in italics.…
This wouldn't be possible with normal find and change, because of course the number of characters between every pair…of quotation marks is going to vary, but with GREP it is possible.…Let's take a look at building a find and change routine, we are going to encounter a few problems along the way and we are going…to go very slowly because I found that it often helps to speak these things aloud…when you are building these routines, just so they make sense to you.…
- Setting up templates and master pages
- Working with Bridge
- Creating books
- Planning and managing styles
- Troubleshooting with the Story Editor
- Managing footnotes and endnotes
- Searching with GREP
- Generating a table of contents
- Automating layouts
- Repurposing material as PDF and XHTML documents
Skill Level Intermediate
1 . Getting Started
2. Planning Your Project
3. Setting Up and Applying Master Pages
4. Working with Booked Documents
5. Getting the Most from Global Formatting
6. The Story Editor and Editing Tools
7. Footnotes and Endnotes
9. Understanding GREP Searches
10. Generating a Table of Contents
Styling a table of contents7m 57s
11. Automating Layouts
12. Repurposing Material
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.