Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Extracting embedded art from a Word file, part of Word and InDesign: Integration.
Isn't this a lovely work of art? (LAUGH).…I had a lot of fun putting this together. This Word file may look a little familiar…because I talked about this a couple of chapters ago in an earlier video in this…title about working with embedded images. Though I have gussied it up a bit with a…few more things. What we have in here is we have a piece of…clip art because Word has a pretty robust clip art collection.…And I made the chicken nice and fat. He was actually skinnier.…I added a little balloon for him to talk to.…I just add one of these shapes here, I inserted one of these call outs and then…it automatically puts a little text thing inside, so you can write down what you…want to say. And I love this little yellow diamond…here, so we can point it at the chicken. Why doesn't InDesign have this?…This is wonderful! We have more clip art, this is an EPS graphic.…
We inserted a chart because we have Excel running and it lets us install it insert a…chart from the charts ribbon. Lot's of fun charts to play with.…
- Understanding the differences between InDesign and Word styles
- Identifying which formatting attributes transfer and which don't
- Controlling text formatting when cutting and pasting
- Placing Word files in InDesign with the Import Options dialog box
- Linking to Word files for automatic updating
- Working with footnotes, hyperlinks, and tracked changes
- Learning best practices for fixing text formatting
- Extracting embedded images and converting Word art
- Converting local formatting to character styles with free scripts
- Round-tripping to InDesign RTF to clear out file corruption
- Syncing Google Docs with InDesign via DocsFlow
- Converting Word docs to InCopy for fast and accurate formatting
Skill Level Intermediate
1. InDesign and Word Formatting Essentials
2. Best Practices for Getting Word Text into InDesign
3. Importing Other Word Elements into InDesign
4. Fixing Common Problems with Imported Word Text
5. Troubleshooting and Repairing Word Files
6. Exploring Alternatives to Word-Only Editorial Design Workflows
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.