Join Michael Murphy for an in-depth discussion in this video Exporting lists as HTML, part of InDesign CS6: HTML.
In addition to standard paragraphs and tables,…the other kind of common text element that…you're going to encounter as you export text from InDesign to HTML is a list.…A bulleted list or a numbered list.…The good news is.…You don't have to do anything special to tell InDesign that a list…is a list as long as you're using Indesigns bullets and numbering features.…InDesign automatically detects…all of your lists and it will wrap your numbered lists inside of a OL tag…and your bulleted list inside of a UL tag. That's the good news.…
The bad news is that in an attempt to fix a list related problem that was identified…in the CS 5.5, the way lists get exported has completely changed in…InDesign CS 6. And the problem Adobe was trying to solve.…Just got replaced with another, and in my opinion even bigger problem.…Let's take a look at how InDesign exports the list.…In this document, I've got two lists.…A numbered list and a bulleted list. They're both using paragraph styles.…
I've got body numbered list here.…And body bulleted list here. If I…
- Connecting InDesign styles to HTML tags and CSS classes
- Controlling the order of exported content
- Exporting just the content you want
- Bringing sidebars and pull quotes into HTML text flow
- Adding hyperlinks to images and text
- Replacing InDesign's CSS with a custom CSS
- Generating web-optimized images from print layouts
Skill Level Advanced
Photoshop CS6 for Web Designers (2012)with Justin Seeley4h 56m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with InDesign and HTML
2. Preparing Text and Objects for Export
3. Preparing Images for Export
4. Organizing and Exporting Content
Next steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.