Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Export PDFs one page at a time, part of InDesign CC 2018 New Features.
- [Instructor] A nice new feature that they added…to InDesign CC 2018.1, meaning in March 2018,…is the ability to export individual pages or spreads…from a single InDesign file to PDF format…with one batch operation.…It's really nice, very convenient.…Before this we had to use a script or a plugin.…And there is probably some plugins or scripts…that might add a few more bells and whistles,…but I think as implemented it will work for most of us.…Let's see how this is accessed.…
First of all, it's only when you export to PDF,…so you need to export to PDF.…You can export to PDF by going to the File menu…and choosing Export.…It will work for either a PDF print or a PDF interactive.…Let's just take a quick peek at PDF interactive here.…And you'll find the feature here in General,…Create Separate PDF Files.…You can add a suffix to come after the file name…to identify the individual exports,…and you can export as pages or spreads.…
I'm actually going to do it from the print PDF.…So the name of the file will be the same name…
- Dynamic, automated endnotes
- Creating more accessible PDFs
- Filtering font lists by class and similarity
- Using paragraph borders
- Linking text frames in CC Libraries
- Exporting cleaner HTML
- Specifying object size and position in an object style
- Using InDesign templates from Adobe Stock
- Accessing the Duden dictionary for German text
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 04/09/2018. What changed?
A: This update covers the changes, including new features and bug fixes, in InDesign CC 2018.1. An overview of the changes can be found in chapter one. Highlights included updates to endnotes and the ability to export PDFs one page at a time.