Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring the KDP (Kindle Direct Publishing) portal, part of Learning InDesign CC 2015: EPUBs.
- To publish to Kindle, all you need to is create an account…on the Kindle Direct Publishing portal,…what we call the KDP portal.…So just go to kdp.amazon.com, and sign in.…You can sign in with your existing amazon.com account,…if you have one, or you can create a new account,…which is what I suggest, and have it dedicated…just to your KDP portal business.…Once you have logged in, and I can't really log in here,…because the information inside the log in…is proprietary to Amazon, but it's essentially a dashboard.…
It's a place where you can view all of your books…that you've uploaded, see what their sales are,…you can edit some of the metadata,…and of course, it's where you upload new books.…Now, as I mentioned earlier in this course,…although we've been talking about EPUBs,…Amazon Kindle does not use the EPUB format,…it uses something else called KF8, Kindle Format 8.…It used to use a really old format called MOBI,…that didn't even use HTML tags or anything,…but in the past couple years, they have pushed…KF8 format support to all of their devices,…
- Choosing between fixed-layout and reflowable EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Working with book files and Word documents
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Mapping text styles
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to other formats
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner9h 30m Beginner
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Understanding the EPUB Export Options Dialog Box
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
9. Keeping Up with the Field
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.