- [Lecturer] Probably one of the most requested…features for InDesign is endnotes.…Yes we have footnotes but a lot of books need endnotes,…all of the notes at the end of the document.…Finally we have that in InDesign CC 2018.…I am so happy, let me review where the endnote…commands are and how they work,…and then in the other two videos in this chapter…we'll dive in a little bit deeper.…Here were have a short book and on page five…if I zoom in, we actually have…an endnote reference right here.…
We also have a footnote, you can combine the two.…The endnotes is created by going to the Type menu…and choosing Insert Endnote, right by Insert Footnote.…Now if I zoom out of it you can see the footnote…at the bottom of the page,…and if I jump to the end of this story…which is on page 18, you can see the endnotes.…You can choose when you create the endnotes…to have them appear at the end of a story,…at the end of the threaded story presumably,…or at the end of the document.…
Now a new things to note about endnotes.…They appear in their own frame.…
- Dynamic, automated endnotes
- Creating more accessible PDFs
- Filtering font lists by class and similarity
- Using paragraph borders
- Linking text frames in CC Libraries
- Exporting cleaner HTML
- Specifying object size and position in an object style
- Using InDesign templates from Adobe Stock
- Accessing the Duden dictionary for German text
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 04/09/2018. What changed?
A: This update covers the changes, including new features and bug fixes, in InDesign CC 2018.1. An overview of the changes can be found in chapter one. Highlights included updates to endnotes and the ability to export PDFs one page at a time.