Websites can be enhanced by including Publish Online documents, which can be added by using embed code. This creates a window through which the Publish Online document can be viewed. Diane Burns shows you how to obtain the embed code and how to add it to an HTML web page. You'll learn the different optoins for accessing the embed code.
- [Voiceover] Publish Online documents…live on Adobe servers,…you can't copy them directly to your own web server.…However, you can embed them in your website…as though they were on your own server.…In fact, you could have only the embedded…Publish Online document on your website,…where it'll act like a website itself.…Let's take a look at how embed code works.…This assumes that you or someone you work with…is accustomed to working with HTML and website.…It's pretty easy though, even I can do it,…and I'm not a coding type, believe me.…There are two places you can access the embed code.…
One is on your web dashboard.…To the right of the document you can click on this icon…and grab the embed code yourself for that document.…The other place that you can get the embed code,…or that your viewers can get the embed code,…is from your Publish Online document itself.…This assumes that you've not disabled the embed code.…Remember, in InDesign we have this little option…in the publish general options dialog…hide the share and embed options in the published document,…
Learn what Publish Online can and cannot do, and how to adjust the publication settings to make sure documents look the way you want. Find out how to upload documents to the web and then share them via Facebook, Twitter, or email. Then look at the navigation and interface options used when viewing published documents, and learn how to update your published documents online. Author Diane Burns concludes with some advanced techniques, such as embedding published documents in websites and creating customized thumbnails for document navigation.
- Previewing real-world Publish Online documents
- Changing the publishing settings
- Uploading documents to Adobe servers
- Updating published documents
- Sharing documents via social media and email
- Using the Publications dashboard
- Understanding document analytics
- Viewing documents online
- Embedding documents on websites
- Adding projects to Behance