Join James Fritz for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing the animations, part of InDesign CS5: Interactive Documents and Presentations.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
InDesign's handling of animation is not nearly as robust as Flash, but the…animations that InDesign can produce do transfer quite well.…Right now, we are looking at an exported SWF InDesign and we want to find out…where some of the animations are occurring.…If I go to the last spread, you are going to see we have a series of animations…of these snowboarders kind of sliding in from the edge.…So let's jump over to Flash, and inside Flash we are going to move playhead…scrub over to the last frame where we can see the last spread.…Now what I want to do is modify some of these animations to make them a…little more complicated.…I am going to double-click to go into the spread and I am going to click again…to select this red snowboarder.…
When I double-click on him, I am going to be able to see the actual motion path.…If I play with the scrub head, you can see he slides over time to his final position.…Well if I want to modify this,…when I mouse over the motion path, my cursor changes to show a little curve,…
- Studying new trends in digital design
- Creating a PDF and SWF presentation
- Building different navigation systems
- Creating interactive slideshows
- Animating a presentation as a SWF in InDesign
- Designing an interactive microsite
- Adding video and audio to a document
- Building an interactive TOC with buttons
- Using InDesign and Flash to build an interactive catalog
- InDesign to Flash production tips
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CS5 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner10h 33m Beginner
1. Trends in Digital Design
2. Setting Up InDesign for Designing Digital Documents
3. Presentation File Format Options and Tips
4. Creating a Simple PDF or SWF Slide Presentation
5. Adding Advanced PDF Presentation Options
6. Building the Presentation as a Complex SWF File
7. Creating an Interactive Microsite
8. Creating an interactive Mood Board
9. Creating an Interactive Catalog
10. Converting from InDesign to Flash Professional
11. Production Tips for Going from InDesign to Flash
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.