Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Reflowable EPUB workflow, part of InDesign CC 2014: Interactive Documents.
- [Voiceover] Let's take a look at the steps involved…in creating Reflowable EPUB eBooks with Adobe InDesign.…The first phase involves some prep work…that you should deal with…before you really start working with your eBooks content.…First, you need to make sure…that all your files are up to date.…Convert any old layout files…to the most recent version of InDesign CC.…So you can take full advantage of the new features…and bug fixes that Adobe's constantly adding to InDesign.…You should also take the time to confirm…that all the content you want to use in your eBook…is properly licensed for that purpose.…
This includes images…and any fonts that you were planning to embed.…It's also a good idea to make sure…that all your files are properly named…with a cross platform naming convention,…made up of only letters, numbers, underscores, and hyphens.…The second phase involves preparing text in InDesign.…This will help you get exactly the content you want…in the right order and in a structure…so it can be cleanly formatted with CSS.…
- Overview of interactive document types
- Enhancing a project with interactive objects
- Setting up hyperlinks, page transitions, and a table of contents
- Understanding media formats
- Adding HTML animations
- Manage folios with the Folio Producer
- Creating EPUBs
- Adapting a page layout for mobile devices with Liquid Layout
- Changing page designs with primary text frames
- Formatting text with text style mapping
- Workflows for designing interactive documents
- Customizing the workspace
- Organizing content with layers
- Using third-party scripts to work on interactive documents
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 09/02/2014. What changed?
A: We added movies on creating navigational TOCs and new support for fixed-layout EPUBs in InDesign CC.
Q: This course was updated on 12/12/2014. What changed?
A: We added two new movies covering updates to the EPUB workflow, and revised five movies to reflect other changes in InDesign CC 2014.1.
InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPadwith Anne-Marie Concepción7h 32m Intermediate
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Setting Up InDesign for Working with Interactive Documents
2. Types of Interactive Documents You Can Make with InDesign
3. Working with Interactive Objects
4. Using Navigation Tools
5. Multimedia Tools
6. Tools for Creating Digital Publishing Apps
7. Tools for Creating EPUBs
8. Tools for Adapting Layouts
9. Interactive Document Workflows
10. Advanced InDesign Workflows for Interactive Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.