Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video EPUB ebooks, part of InDesign CC 2014: Interactive Documents.
- [Voiceover] EPUB is an eBook file format…that displays content like a simple website.…It uses web technologies like HTML and CSS…to format the text and images in the eBook.…And when we're thinking about the EPUB…it's important to distinguish between two kinds of EPUB.…Reflowable and fixed layout.…In this movie we'll talk about Reflowable EPUBs.…Reflowable EPUBs are used for narrative fiction…and other books with very simple layouts.…They allow the reader to resize the text,…change the font,…and other aspects of the eBook's appearance.…
Here's an example, "Alice's Adventures In Wonderland"…that I have open here in Apple's iBooks.…So I have images, I have live text that I can select,…I can navigate to different pages,…and I have a navigational table of contents…that I can click to go to different chapters.…And I also have controls in iBooks…to change the presentation of the content.…So I can change the size of the text,…I can change the color of the page,…and I can even change the font.…
Now let's consider some of the pros and cons…
- Overview of interactive document types
- Enhancing a project with interactive objects
- Setting up hyperlinks, page transitions, and a table of contents
- Understanding media formats
- Adding HTML animations
- Manage folios with the Folio Producer
- Creating EPUBs
- Adapting a page layout for mobile devices with Liquid Layout
- Changing page designs with primary text frames
- Formatting text with text style mapping
- Workflows for designing interactive documents
- Customizing the workspace
- Organizing content with layers
- Using third-party scripts to work on interactive documents
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 09/02/2014. What changed?
A: We added movies on creating navigational TOCs and new support for fixed-layout EPUBs in InDesign CC.
Q: This course was updated on 12/12/2014. What changed?
A: We added two new movies covering updates to the EPUB workflow, and revised five movies to reflect other changes in InDesign CC 2014.1.
InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPadwith Anne-Marie Concepción7h 32m Intermediate
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Setting Up InDesign for Working with Interactive Documents
2. Types of Interactive Documents You Can Make with InDesign
3. Working with Interactive Objects
4. Using Navigation Tools
5. Multimedia Tools
6. Tools for Creating Digital Publishing Apps
7. Tools for Creating EPUBs
8. Tools for Adapting Layouts
9. Interactive Document Workflows
10. Advanced InDesign Workflows for Interactive Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.