Join Keith Gilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Duplicate a frame, part of InDesign: Scripting Made Easy.
- All that remains for this Script to be useful…is to tell InDesign to copy the frame…that contains the watermark…from the first page of the document…to the rest of the pages in the document.…This is where the use of a loop comes in handy,…specifically, we're going to use a for loop to do this.…Once you get your head around looping,…you'll be able to do all kinds of remarkable things…in your scripts.…To get started,…open the Globe Bank_Small Biz Magazine InDesign file.…Then open 07_04 Add Watermark_begin in the Toolkit.…
Choose File, Save As, and name the file Add watermark.…In the Toolkit, on line 46,…type in…myTextFrame.duplicate…(myDoc.pages).…Let's see what this does.…Save the file,…go to InDesign,…and run the Add watermark script.…If all goes as planned,…you should end up with two text frames now.…There should be the sample watermark text frame on page one,…and then that text frame should be duplicated, also,…on page two.…
And then, there aren't any watermarks…on the rest of the pages yet.…Let's go back to the Toolkit.…
- What are InDesign scripts?
- Installing scripts
- Editing scripts
- Referencing InDesign objects in scripts
- Creating a script to set preferences
- Creating a script to watermark designs
- Creating a script to transpose characters
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner9h 30m Beginner
InDesign: Layout and Compositionwith Nigel French1h 27m Appropriate for all
Word and InDesign: Integrationwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 29m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Find and Install Scripts
3. Edit a Script
5. Reference InDesign Objects with a Script
6. Create a Script to Configure Preferences and Defaults
7. Create a Script to Add Document Watermarks
8. Create a Script to Transpose Two Characters
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.