Join James Fritz for an in-depth discussion in this video Digital magazines: Wired, iGIZMO, The New Yorker, part of InDesign CS5: Interactive Documents and Presentations.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
One of the most interesting developments around the whole iPad phenomenon is…the digital magazine.…One of the first magazines on the iPad was Wired magazine, which was developed in…collaboration with Adobe.…It was built using an upcoming technology called the Digital Magazine Solution.…This was the first publication that was produced entirely using InDesign CS5.…Wired Magazine is released every month on the iTunes store where you can…purchase it and transfer it to your iPad.…Let's take a look at an issue.…The digital magazines have a unique navigation system.…If I want to move between the pages, I can just slide to go left and right,…or even up and down.…
If I tap on the screen, there's a scrubby slider at the bottom that lets me jump…to any page within the magazine.…If I want to go back to the previous page, we have a Back button.…There's a browser in the upper right- hand corner that gives me a bird's eye view…of the entire magazine.…Finally, we have a table of contents that lets me take a look at what's in this issue.…
- Studying new trends in digital design
- Creating a PDF and SWF presentation
- Building different navigation systems
- Creating interactive slideshows
- Animating a presentation as a SWF in InDesign
- Designing an interactive microsite
- Adding video and audio to a document
- Building an interactive TOC with buttons
- Using InDesign and Flash to build an interactive catalog
- InDesign to Flash production tips
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CS5 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner10h 33m Beginner
1. Trends in Digital Design
2. Setting Up InDesign for Designing Digital Documents
3. Presentation File Format Options and Tips
4. Creating a Simple PDF or SWF Slide Presentation
5. Adding Advanced PDF Presentation Options
6. Building the Presentation as a Complex SWF File
7. Creating an Interactive Microsite
8. Creating an interactive Mood Board
9. Creating an Interactive Catalog
10. Converting from InDesign to Flash Professional
11. Production Tips for Going from InDesign to Flash
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.