Join James Fritz for an in-depth discussion in this video Digital books: iBooks, ePub, part of InDesign CS5: Interactive Documents and Presentations.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Over the last decade, many people have been eagerly awaiting the maturing of the digital book.…While there have been many different types of book readers, it hasn't been…until last year or so that digital books have become mainstream.…Credit can be given to the wide popularity of the iPad and Kindle devices.…The most popular format for digital books is ePub, which stands for…electronic Publishing.…InDesign has been able to export to ePub for the last few versions.…Its main purpose is for novels or very long text-heavy publications.…Let's take a look at ePub in action on the iPad.…I have the iBooks application open on my iPad, and I'm going to tap on the…"Winnie the Pooh" book to open it up.…
To navigate, I can use my finger to turn the page.…I can also tap on either side to go forward and backward quickly.…One of the main advantages of ePub is the ability to re-size and re-flow your…text, sort of like a web page.…If I tap on the Font icon, I can increase and decrease the size of my font, and…
- Studying new trends in digital design
- Creating a PDF and SWF presentation
- Building different navigation systems
- Creating interactive slideshows
- Animating a presentation as a SWF in InDesign
- Designing an interactive microsite
- Adding video and audio to a document
- Building an interactive TOC with buttons
- Using InDesign and Flash to build an interactive catalog
- InDesign to Flash production tips
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CS5 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner10h 33m Beginner
1. Trends in Digital Design
2. Setting Up InDesign for Designing Digital Documents
3. Presentation File Format Options and Tips
4. Creating a Simple PDF or SWF Slide Presentation
5. Adding Advanced PDF Presentation Options
6. Building the Presentation as a Complex SWF File
7. Creating an Interactive Microsite
8. Creating an interactive Mood Board
9. Creating an Interactive Catalog
10. Converting from InDesign to Flash Professional
11. Production Tips for Going from InDesign to Flash
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.