Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Fixed-layout EPUBs, part of InDesign CC 2014: Interactive Documents.
- In addition to reflowable EPUBs,…you can also use InDesign CC to create a fixed layout EPUB…that will retain the entire look of your document…including all the colors, fonts…and images similar to a PDF.…Fixed layout EPUBs are often used for publications…where it's really important to maintain…control over the layout.…Things like children's books,…cook books, text books and the like.…Here's an example of a fixed layout EPUB…that was created with InDesign CC,…it's called, "Window Seat, The Art of Digital Photography…"and Creative Thinking," by Julieanne Kost.…
And it includes lots of beautiful photos…that the author took through the windows…of airplanes during flight.…And I can click through it to see some of those photos.…It has a navigational TOC,…to jump to various parts of the book.…And there are a few different page layouts,…including a single column with running headers…and full bleed photos.…There are various grids of photos.…Full page images,…three column layouts,…side bars and so on.…
So, it's obvious that some work went into…
- Overview of interactive document types
- Enhancing a project with interactive objects
- Setting up hyperlinks, page transitions, and a table of contents
- Understanding media formats
- Adding HTML animations
- Manage folios with the Folio Producer
- Creating EPUBs
- Adapting a page layout for mobile devices with Liquid Layout
- Changing page designs with primary text frames
- Formatting text with text style mapping
- Workflows for designing interactive documents
- Customizing the workspace
- Organizing content with layers
- Using third-party scripts to work on interactive documents
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 09/02/2014. What changed?
A: We added movies on creating navigational TOCs and new support for fixed-layout EPUBs in InDesign CC.
Q: This course was updated on 12/12/2014. What changed?
A: We added two new movies covering updates to the EPUB workflow, and revised five movies to reflect other changes in InDesign CC 2014.1.
InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPadwith Anne-Marie Concepción7h 33m Intermediate
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Setting Up InDesign for Working with Interactive Documents
2. Types of Interactive Documents You Can Make with InDesign
3. Working with Interactive Objects
4. Using Navigation Tools
5. Multimedia Tools
6. Tools for Creating Digital Publishing Apps
7. Tools for Creating EPUBs
8. Tools for Adapting Layouts
9. Interactive Document Workflows
10. Advanced InDesign Workflows for Interactive Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.